Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Business News and Commodities Market News

What are the top business news at the moment? Raising of repo rate by 25 bps by RBI, the 10th time in 15 months, is the headline in many a business news platform. Other Business News that are also catching much attention are GoAir placing $7.2 bln order to Airbus, IEA piling pressure on OPEC to pump more oil, BSE Sensex dropping 0.8 pct, and the list goes on. For complete business news I rely only on in.reuters.com.

It has been over two years that I have been putting in money in the Indian commodities market. Yes, initially, I admit, I incurred heavy losses. This was because, I hardly kept myself updated with the commodities market news. The greatest blunder I made was investing in bulk rather than starting with small amounts. And the loss saga continued for a couple of months until I realized my fault. Research is one of the factors included in my trading strategy. And no research is complete without updation about the commodities Market News. Yes, silver price crashing from $50 to $32 ounce in May did affect my yields; that was because I was confident about the rise and hardly read news related to it.